- Bachelor of Design, Fashion and Technology
Wilson School of Design at Kwantlen Polytechnic University
− Fall 2023 (Upcoming.) Field Artist in Residence. Joggins Fossil Cliffs Institute. Joggins, NS
− March 2022. Artist On Campus. Cape Breton University.
− March 2021. Digital Artist in residence. Unmute Artist residency (ArtsUNITE.) Toronto, ON – 2018 to 2021. Artist in Residence: Customs House Artisan Incubator, Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia.
− June 2017. Paris and Documenta Fine Arts Field School. Paris, France; and Kassel, Germany.
− March 2021. Canada Council for the Arts: Explore and Create.
− July 2020. Canada Council for the Arts: Digital Originals Micro Grants.
− July 2020. Nova Scotia Job Creation Project: Creative Legacy Arts Grants.
− February 2022 to present. Atlantic Vernacular. Digital. Hosted by New Brunswick Craft Council. Fredericton, New Brunswick
− April 2021. Are Wilds. Eltuek Arts Centre. Sydney, Nova Scotia.
− February 2020. Elements: Earth, Air, Water, and Fire. Bear River Artworks Gallery. Bear River, Nova Scotia.
− April 2018. The Show. Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Richmond, British Columbia
– March 2017. International Arts Focus week. Richmond, British Columbia
–March 2022: Talking Trash: CBU Artist on Campus Presents. Cape Breton University. Sydney, Nova Scotia.
− August 2021. What is left behind? Corridor Gallery, Visual Arts Nova Scotia. Halifax, Nova Scotia.
− October 2020. Roads Less Travelled. Digital. In partnership with the Canada Council for the arts.
− September 2020. What is left behind? Lumiere Art at night Festival, Sydney NS.
− August 2020. Canada's Ocean Playground: Trash It! Third Shift Art at Night Festival. St. John, New Brunswick. Digital Project.
− September 2019. Rebirth. Lumiere Art at Night Festival. Sydney, Nova Scotia.
– July 2022. Peer assessor. Arts Nova Scotia. Grants to Individuals Spring 2022 intake.
– November 24th, 2022. Artist talk. Manitoba Craft Council Eco Talks Series. Handmade/Readymade: Radical hand making for a future beyond consumerism. Winnipeg, Manitoba.
− August 2022. Textile Design with Earth Pigments. Rising Tides Festival. Alma, New Brunswick
– February 2022. Creative Wayfinding. Guest Lecturer. Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
− November 2021. On Craft and Authenticity. Guest Lecturer. Ontario College Of Art and Design University.
− November 2021. Indigo shibori dyeing. Parrsboro Creative Cultural Campus.Parrsboro, Nova Scotia
− August 2021. Dyeing with Earth Pigments. Parrsboro Creative Cultural Campus. Parrsboro, Nova Scotia
− July 2021. Painting with Earth Pigments. New Brunswick College of Craft and Design.
– April 2021 to present. Professional Artists in the Schools presents: Fundamentals of Block Printing
–February 2021 to present. Inverness County Centre for the Arts. Indigo Shibori Dyeing
− September 2020. Indigo Shibori Dyeing. Woolstock East Fibre Festival.
− October 2019. Indigo. Shibori Dyeing. Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival. Amherst, Nova Scotia
− November 2018. Hand Painting with Natural Dyes. Cape Breton Centre For Craft and Design. Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia.
− November 2018. Block Printing with Natural Dyes. Cape Breton Centre For Craft and Design. Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia.
− October 2018. Painting with natural dyes. New Dawn Centre For Innovation. Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia.
− October 2018. Rust Dyeing: How to Make Unique Designs with Rusty Objects. Cape Breton Centre For Craft and Design. Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
− November 2016. Use of Natural Mordants and Dyes. Guest Lecturer. Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Richmond, British Columbia.
Writing, Press and Events
- Summer 2022. Craft Inspires a New Atlantic Vernacular. (Images of works featured.) Visual Arts News.
-Fall/Winter 2021. Finding the Bizarre in the Mundane: On Environment and Memory. Understorey Magazine. Issue 21.
- May 2021. Global News Atlantic. Visual Arts Abstract: Summer EdVentures at NBCCD.
– April 2021. CTV Morning Live Atlantic. Community Feature: Nova Scotia’s Artists Are Helping Local Communities Survive the Pandemic - But Who Helps Them Survive?
- September 2020. Artist Talk. Lumiere presents: Possible Futures. In conversation with Greg Davies.Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
- August 2020. Artist Q&A. Third Shift Art Festival.
Professional service and memberships.
− Visual Arts Nova Scotia (Treasurer 2021-2022)
− PAINTS (Professional Artists in the
− CARFAC Maritimes.
− Cape Breton Centre for Craft and (Juried member and past Artist-in-residence)
− Textile Society of America
– Janvrin's Island Community Centre. Volunteer Artist-in-residence. (2021-present)
Awards and Scholarships
– 2022 Julie Hobart Sustain One's Soul Alumni Endowed award.
− 2018 Wildflower Scholarship
− 2017 One World Study Abroad Grant
− 2016 John Fluevog Unique Soles award
− 2015 The Monty Endowed Award